Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a detailed understanding of coding usable websites. Responsive, accessible and progressive design is our bag (and it should be yours too)
- You know what a CMS is, and can code in at least PHP and hopefully Python (we can train you up on the latter)
- You know your way around Wordpress, and have used ACFs before
- You love using templating languages such as Twig and Nunjucks (we certainly do)
- Experience using git and git-based workflows
- You’ve at least shaken hands with things like Node, Sass and Gulp
- Testing and QA are second nature, and you love getting stuck in through browser and device testing
- Responding to bug reports and site maintenance
- You can remember what you’ve done before, and can help with estimating new projects
Bonus points for:
- You’ve built something with Django, or ideally Wagtail
- Experience with CommonJS modules and ES6
- Experience with building REST APIs, and integrating with third-party ones
- You know about Docker
- Understanding how DNS works
- Being an all round lovely human being
How to apply*
Send an email with the subject ‘Web Developer Role’ to email@example.com and tell us a little about you, and why you’d like to work at fffunction.
Of course, we’d love to see your work, so please provide some examples.
* If you’re a recruitment agency and you’re reading this, have a word with yourself. We can’t afford you anyway.