fffunction are hiring a User Experience [something]*
fffunction are looking to hire a User Experience [something]* to join its increasingly busy UX team of one (Dan) and a half (Ben: a half because he also has to do lots of other things to keep fffunction running).
- are working in some field of design,
- have demonstrable experience in at least some of the user experience skills listed below,
- think fffunction could be a place where you could use those skills to help us do good work for good people, develop new skills, and generally be awesome
then we’d love to talk to you.
We have studios in two locations: Bristol and Penryn in Cornwall. We’d like you to be able to generally work out of one of those locations. Plus, at times our UX work involves working physically alongside clients and research participants nationally and sometimes internationally. So you’ll need to be able to travel from time to time. We’re looking for somebody to work full time. But we offer flexibility to fit working time and locations around commitments such as childcare (it’s something we have to do ourselves, so we understand how important this is).
The following is our core skillset, we’re looking for people who have demonstrable experience in at least some of these skills. We’re always developing and extending our skills so we’re keen to talk to people who bring other skills, experience, and approaches to the team.
- User research, particularly qualitative methods such as interviews and usability testing. If you have quantitative research skills, we’d welcome the opportunity to strengthen our offering in this area.
- Capturing and presenting findings from research using techniques such as empathy mapping, user journey mapping, task modelling, and personas.
- Creating, presenting and testing information architecture including sitemaps, taxonomies, navigation and labelling. If you have content strategy skills, we’d welcome the opportunity to strengthen our offering in this area.
- Designing, presenting, and testing layouts and user interfaces though sketching and prototyping. We aim to use prototyping using a variety of tools and techniques (such as Marvel / InVision, Keynote / Powerpoint, HTML prototypes) in all of our projects now and we’re keen to expand and build our skills across this area.
- Sharing our work with clients; potential clients; students; and our friends and peers through writing, presenting, and teaching. If this is something you’re keen to do, but haven’t done much of yet, we can help develop your skills and confidence and can help you find opportunities.
- Salary is dependent on experience, let’s talk.
- After a successful 3 month probation period, you’ll get your own training and conference budget and we’ll pay for your mobile phone and contract.
- 23 days holiday per year, with an additional day each year you work with us. We close between Christmas and New Year every year and this isn’t counted in your holiday allowance.
- We’re working on setting up an employee pension scheme because we have to and we’re aiming to make it a generous scheme because we want to.
- We’re a great bunch of super-friendly and helpful people.
More information and applications
We’re actively working to encourage more interest and applications from women and under-represented groups. If there’s anything here which has put you off from applying or made you hesitate, we’d urge you to get in touch to talk to us about it. We’re going to keep the vacancy open and talking to people until we find the right person.
If you’re interested, please get in touch by emailing: email@example.com. If you’ve stuff you want to show us, please do. But if you don’t and just want to discuss the role initially, please get in touch anyway.
We’re recruiting for the role ourselves so any contact from recruiters will be quietly and politely discarded.
*job titles are a can of worms and we’re flexible on what you want to call yourself