So, who wants to help us build things at fffunction?
I don't tend to blog that often, and do you know why? Too damn busy most of the time, making lovely websites for lovely people.
But maybe I could write more if we had some extra hands on deck.
So, this is just a heads up really. We haven't formulated a new developer hiring plan for this year, but there's certainly a future timeline that exists, which has our new dev taking ownership of a key to the Penryn studio, and then putting the kettle on (I'm a believer in block time).
This is a roundabout way of saying get in touch if you think you'd like to work here later in the year, but don't expect anything too formal like an interview or anything just yet.
Here’s that classic list of the things we're looking for:
- A detailed understanding of coding usable websites. Responsive, accessible and progressive design is our bag
- Knowledge of what a CMS is, and being able to code in PHP and Python
- A love of templating languages such as Twig and Nunjucks
- Experience using git and git-based workflows
- Have at least shaken hands with things like Node, Sass and Gulp
- Testing and QA being second nature, and getting stuck in through browser and device testing
- Response to bug reports and site maintenance
- Being able to help with estimating new projects
- Being an all round lovely human being
I'll award bonus points for:
- Having built something with Django, or ideally Wagtail
- Experience with CommonJS modules and ES6
- Experience with building REST APIs, and integrating with third-party ones
- Docker knowledge
- Understanding how DNS works
Answers on the back of a postcard please.